Goals for our Short Term Trip Program
Our short-term mission trips typically last 7-10 days and involve serving in various ministry activities of our field partners. Our goal is to help support and expand the effectiveness of their work through the skills and abilities given to each team member. We believe that the short-term mission trip will benefit our field partners, the sending churches and organizations, and the individuals that make up the group.
While in Guatemala, we introduce groups to the ministries of our field partners. An effort will also be made to expose the groups to the Guatemalan culture. Hosting short-term groups is one of the primary activities of Life of Hope Ministries. Our staff has experience in helping the team prepare for their trip and are well skilled in safely carrying out activities in Guatemala.
General Requirement for Short Term Groups
- A deposit to reserve the travel week selected
- Verification that group members have all travel documents necessary
- Pre-trip meeting to answer questions and review planned activities
- Advance payment of trip expenses
- Signed liability release waiver by all group members
Areas That Life of Hope Ministries Can Help With
- Trip package that covers food, housing, transportation, and short term trip medical insurance (excludes airfare)
- Information about travel restrictions of most airlines
- Strategies to involve others in the funding of your trip
- Medical release form and parental consent form for international travel
- Pre-trip checklist and guidelines that aid in trip preparation